Here is the new TRADITIONAL concept of Charalampos Koumridis. Charalampos Koumridis is building double-top, lattice, and.. traditional guitars. Here is his latest traditional guitar model which is not so much traditional, however. The sound is still loud and as you can expect more ‘traditional’.
Charalampos Koumridis is a Greek luthier making amazing modern guitars which offer a wonderful musicality.
The luthier Charalampos Koumridis from Greece, will be definitly the discovery of the year end. Whereas we thought we knew all top European luthiers, we discovered an amazing luthier making wonderful traditional, double-top and lattice guitars. All his guitar models are amazing of musicality.
Here is a new concept of Traditional guitar : the top is made of cedar without any carbon, just wood. The sides however are reinforced with a frame inside the guitar. Charalampos took some part of the his successful lattice guitars and applies it to a traditional top guitar. As a result, the guitar is light but with a louder sound and still a traditional tone.
We are waiting for some bio information and to keep you waiting here are more technical description of the guitar:
- Top : western red cedar
- Back & Sides : Indian rosewood
- Neck : Material: Spanish cedar, reinforce with ebony, Thickness: 1st fret – 21.5 mm 9th fret – 23 mm
- Fingerboard : Elevated fingerboard, Material: ebony, 65 cm Scale length, Extra frets: 20th fret for 3 treble strings, Width: nut – 52.3 mm 12th fret – 62.3 mm
- Strings : Spacing: Nut – 8.4 mm (42 mm from 1st to 6th), Bridge – 11.7 mm (58.5 mm from 1st to 6th), Action height at 12th fret: 1st string – 2.8 mm; 6th string – 3.7 mm
- Bridge : Tie block: 12-hole type, Material: Padouk
- tuners : Alessi H5, spacing: 35 mm, black knops
- Finish : French-polished with shellac
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569