We are happy to list a new luthier, his name is Domenic Roscioli and he is from Australian. Domenic has been making guitar since the 90s and established his brand in 2001. He made 167 guitars in 20 years. This one is his last lattice guitar No 167. Domenic build his first guitar with the help of a luthier that we know very well John Price and then developed his skills with the great Jim Redgate who became his mentor and taught him the secrets of making lattice guitars. So his guitars share a lot of common principles with Jim’s guitars. Jim Redgate was with us last winter when we asked him which luthier he would recommend, he says Domenic Roscioli.
Domenic makes only 10 guitars per year. Numerous players in Australia play Domenic’s guitar such as Ziggy and Miles Johnson…
Domenic Roscioli guitars are similar but with its own personality to Jim Redgate guitars: both are light with the objective to capture a more natural sound. Both have a rather thick for a more woody sound and a lighter body.
This guitar is offering :
- It is a lattice guitar with arched-back and sides layered to give a more rigid form and avoid using inner wood inside which makes the guitar too heavy. The guitar is pretty light 1,940 kg.
- The back and sides are in Ziricote with nice binding in maple. There is some green filets all around the guitar. The polish is nitrocellulose which quite a solid polish. Domenic polished the inside of the guitar as well to prevent from moisture. (nice idea).
- The top is in red cedar from Canada with a mat finish, nice rosette.
- Nice bridge in with 12-hole tie block, extra c note, elevated fingerboard. Ebony Fretboard.
- Nice headstock and Gotoh premium tuners.
- 52 mm nit width and low action.
As a conclusion: a very nice guitar which has everything a great guitar should have:
- deep basses, thick notes,
- plenty of overtones,
- great playability
- and most importantly a dynamics very close to a traditional guitar with a very woody and warm sound, full and very natural.
A lot of pleasure to play which reminds us very much the last guitar from Jim Regdate we had in the showroom.
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569