For once, here is a French luthier Jean-Marie Fouilleul who is offering an innovative guitar halfway between a traditional guitar and a lattice guitar. The guitar is a sort of traditional braced guitar with however some carbon in the bracing and a support called Arche inside to strengthen the sides. The craftsmanship is exquisite. The result: a loud guitar with a crystal-clear sound with a great string separation. The guitar has been made in 2016 but is in close to new condition.
The wood selection is awesome and the purfling and binding work delicate and tasty.
Here are some information borrowed from Jean-Marie website :
- french spruce top 1st quality
- Madagascar rosewood back & sides (special order)
- purfling, head facing: Ambony burl
- unique rosette inlays
- Brazilian mahogany neck (reinforced)
- V splice jointing head-neck – ebony fingerboard with added 20th fret
- french polish
- 65cm scale (o
- Alessi free wheel tuning machine
- option: Madagascar rosewood for back and sides
Characteristics: in addition to all distinctive features of the LS9 model (double-sides system, reinforced neck, bridge) the new concept of “Arche” bracing leaves to the top more impulse. This increases the dynamics, the easy playing, the richness of the sound, and the sustain. The additional “bended-top on the treble side” makes easier the play on the high position around 11 and 15th frets.
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569