We have been waiting 2 years to get this great guitar from Max Cuker and the discovery of this 2019 double-top from Max has largely exceeded our expectations. Everything a guitar players need is there : loudness, thick and creamy trebles, great string separations, huge playability and on the top first class craftmanship. Not surprising that GFA winner Anton Baranov and Tali Roth professor that the New York Julliard college have chosen his guitar. Philippe will do a detailed review but in the meantime here are some videos of the guitar that I made myself.
Max is a guitar player and as well a luthier. He makes traditional, lattice and double top guitars and is based in Vilnius Lithuania. He is mostly a self-taught luthier and is focusing most of his research on sound quality.
This double top is very different from German Double tops and features :
- a top with 2 slices of cedar and no nomex or balsa for the inner core but a secret recipe made of cedar
- there a plenty a filet reminding the rosette design around the top
- the back and sides are doubled (which is unusual for double top ) made with Pau Ferro
- the neck is in cedar with a satin finish which improves the playability and confort
- there is an elevated fingerboard for better access of the high notes
- there is an extra 20th fret
- a sound port to improve air circulation in the guitar and offer a better feedback for the player
- the headstock is carved.
Mas has already a two-year waiting list, so it will surely be difficult for us to provide many guitars from Max.
Last but not least , the price of the guitar is not amazingly low.
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569