We were curious to test the eye-catching double-top from Rafal Turkowiac. The DT guitars from the Turkowiac family have a page-long new appointments, some of those are registered as patents. What we can tell you is that Philippe loved this No 453 from Turkowiac. The sound is big, elegant with great thickness and a very pleasant tone. All the innovations are here to facilitate your playing. Last but not least, the craftmanship is top-notched and the setting perfect. To be discovered.
Let’s see the specifications :
- 9th generation of ‘wave resonator’: we understood that is the way the double-top is built, that has been registered and sort of secret!
- 4th generation of ‘High-tech press’: that is the technic used to make the back and sides very rigid but still very light (patent registered as well)
- 7th generation of ‘Acoutic tubes’: inside the neck you have an innovation with an opening which brings back some sound to you when you play.. that is amazing!
- ‘SIGMOIDAL’: that is for the joint of the sides
- 2nd generation of hand-shaped African Ebony impedance bridge with stiffening wings
- Cedar double top (no Nomex, no Balsa)
- Asymmetric Turkowiak neck
- Ebony smooth arm bevel integrated in the guitar body
- natural bone side dots diameter 1.5 mm at the 5, 9 frets and concentric side marker diameter 4 mm at the 7 and 12th frets.
- EVO-GOLD (nickel free) fretwire
- use of Baltic Amber for inlays
Here is some information on Rafal Turkowiac activities:
We are a family-only company. I build the guitars with my two adult sons luthiers: Nikodem & Tymoteusz.
We make the guitars in two versions: standard and the Queen of Guitars which is the top of the line. In addition, it can be solid top or double-top. The model ‘queen of the guitars’ double-top model is our best model. We also make the guitars with the standard central soundhole and with the offset one (however the offset soundhole even though it sounds slightly better than the central one is not chosen so often by the classical guitarist – because of the guitar look).
I would also like to tell you a little more about our biggest achievement which is the world patent ‘Acoustic Tubes’ – the neck is absolutely hollow inside (with a special resonant material) thanks to it the musician hears sound not only from the guitar body but also from the guitar neck. The sound is richer, sustain longer and the neck much stiffer. For the Queen of Guitars Double Top, the visible outlets at the elevated neck part are made of natural Baltic amber. We are also the only ones in the world who use natural Baltic amber as an inlay material – for head plates and inlays. The usual waiting time for the players is 7up to 12 months.
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569