The classical guitar by Jeroen Hilhorst is a fanstastic guitar luthier: making doubletops with a unique philosophy aiming at producing a huge sound with the best tonal quality. Whereas doubletop are usually very light, his doubletops are heavy with a body made in order to help the top to vibrate. A unique guitar chosen by a fantastic player Remi Boucher to be discovered
The first impression when playing the guitar is the huge sound produced by the guitar. More like a Piano than a guitar. The notes are thick and creamy with some brightness due to the spruce top and bracing. The sustain lasts for ever. The string separation is perfect. Definitely that is an amazing instrument. I am not a big fan of soundport, but this time because the sound is so huge, the sound port really gives you a real return on how the guitar sounds for the public.
ments from Jeroen on his building philosophy:
‘The soundboard is an optimum of strength, weight and shape to make it vibrate as efficiently as possible.
All the construction of the rest of the guitar is extremely stiff in order not to lose any vibration to the top:
- – the neck is made of ebony and reinforced with graphite
- – the body is reinforced with an ebony centre brace
- – the back is reinforced with cedar
- – the sides are reinforced with a layer of Indian rosewood
- – there is a beech reinforcement around the soundboard
- – the tuners have aluminium rollers and wide base plates.
This helps to focus the energy of plucking the strings in the soundboard. The loss of energy in the neck, and the body is as little as possible.
The guitar features:
- an elevated fingerboard
- an armrest
- 20th fret
- compensation saddle string per string »
There are no reviews yet.