Jean-Noel Lebreton is an experienced French luthier who makes traditional guitars in the respect of the Bouchet and Friederich tradition. As a traditional guitar maker, Jean-Noel has however always been curious about the innovation. Since a couple of years, Jean-Noel has been making as well some Doubletop guitars. We tried some of his doubletop model and finally as him to do for our showroom a guitar with some of our requirements. Because we are sort of familiar to great DT and DT guitarmakers, we asked Jean-Noel to include in this DT guitar some of the design we thought could have a positive effects. Jean-Noel did better than take our requirements he improved then and added other ones.
Part of our spec were, the bracing patterns, the top structure and the bracing on the side.
– for the bracing, Jean-Noel used a very particular bracing pattern that has been used in by Matthias Dammann in a 2015 guitar, which is an asymetrical bracing
– the top is made of cedar / nomex / cedar with the objective to remain as light as possible
– last but not least, because many DT have a tendancy to have short sustain, we asked Jean-Noel to integrate a sort of bracing on the sides of the guitar (the same one used by Dominique Field) to increase the sustain
The results is amazing :
– the sound remains traditional but loud and clear
– the notes are creamy with a HUGE sustain
To us that is really a successs and we are proud to introduce Jean-Noel guitars to you.
Definitly his DT will soon be among the best ones.
Last but not least, Jean-Noel decided to have a more than a reasonable pricing. Maybe the best affordable DT guitar where tradition meets modernity.
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569