Here is the new double-top design from Charalampos Koumridis. Many things have been changed inside the guitar for more dynamics and a more traditional sound. Philippe and I are wondering when the Koumridis guitars will stop improving. They were already fantastic and now they get better. Like all Koumridis guitars, this one is loud, with thick notes and huge sustain, and a quite natural sounding.
The shape of the neck has been reviewed as well to a C shape instead of a U shape. As a result the guitar is a dream to play.
Charalampos Koumridis is a Greek luthier making amazing modern guitars both lattice and double-top which offer a wonderful musicality. His double-top is as good as his lattice guitars, not a copy from the German double-top but his own version. Among the best double top you can find!
The guitar integrates the new frame that Charalampos has developed to increase the dynamics of the guitar.
The luthier Charalampos Koumridis from Greece will be definitely the discovery of the year-end. Whereas we thought we knew all top European luthiers, we discovered an amazing luthier making wonderful traditional, double-top and lattice guitars. All his guitar models are amazing of musicality.
This double-top guitar weighs 1.8 kg. The whole guitar is the result of Charalampos analysis and not a copy from the German double-top. The guitar has a solid cocobolo rosewood back and an unusual for doubletop double-side which gives more mass to the guitar and long sustain.
The balance between brightness and warmness is perfect, the sound is creamy and fat.
We are waiting for some bio information and to keep you waiting here are a more technical description of the guitar:
- Western Red cedar-Nomex-cedar sandwich top
- 650mm scale length, 20 frets
- solid cocobolo rosewood back and an elevated fingerboard
- Spanish cedar neck, Ebony Fingerboard
- ebony bar neck reinforcement
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood Tie block: 12-hole type
- Finished with Shellac French-polish.
- Pagos tuning machines
- weighs approximately 1800 gr
- Action height at 12th fret: 1st string – 2.7 mm 6th string – 3.7 mm Neck thickness: 1st fret – 21.5 mm ,9th fret – 23,5 mmTotal length: 99,8 cmBody length: 48.4 cmBody width – upper bout: 28 cmBody width – waist: 23.9 cmBody width – lower bout: 37.0 cmBody depth increasing from 9.3 cm to 10.8 cm
Contact us !
For more information, contact us by using the form below or call us at 0033684784569
Charalampos Koumridis DT guitars previously sold